Dryer balls are small bouncy balls placed in the dryer to hasten the drying process and lessen wrinkles. Additionally, they can assist in fluffing blankets and towels. Tennis balls are a possible alternative to dryer balls, although they are not the ideal choice.
Advantages of using tennis balls as dryer balls
- Tennis balls are inexpensive and simple to locate at most sports goods stores.
- Tennis balls bounce around in the dryer, helping to separate clothing and keep them from becoming wrinkled, which can help to eliminate wrinkles.
- Tennis balls can assist in fluffing towels and comforters by breaking up filling clumps to increase their fluffiness.
- Tennis balls can make a loud bouncing noise in the dryer.
- Tennis balls have the potential to shed lint, which can adhere to clothing.
- Tennis balls can deteriorate quickly because they are not intended for use in dryers.
Alternatives to tennis balls or dryer balls
Sock balls: Sock balls are created by stuffing dried beans or rice into a sock. Although they are less robust than reusable dryer balls, they are nonetheless affordable and simple to create.
Tennis balls are a possible alternative to dryer balls, although they are not the ideal choice. Sock balls and reusable dryer balls are more reliable and efficient.