Olivia Rodrigo Surprises Jimmy Kimmel’s Children on Their Way to School
Pop star Olivia Rodrigo gave Jimmy Kimmel’s kids the surprise of a lifetime when she hitched a ride to school with them.
In a clip from Kimmel’s talk show, the host and his wife, Molly McNearney, are driving their kids, Billy and Jane, to school when they spot Rodrigo standing by the side of the road with her thumb out.
- “Oh, there’s a hitchhiker over there,” Kimmel says. “Should we pick her up?”
The kids are skeptical at first, but when they realize it’s actually Rodrigo, they’re ecstatic.
- “Oh, my God, Billy,” Jane says. “That’s Olivia Rodrigo!”
Rodrigo hops in the back seat and introduces herself to the kids. They’re all so excited to have her in the car, and they start singing along to her music.
At one point, Billy asks Rodrigo how he can “get him back” on his ex-girlfriend. Rodrigo suggests that he punch her in the penis, which sends the kids and their parents into fits of laughter.
Rodrigo also talks about her own experiences with school and dating, and the kids are fascinated by her stories.
When they arrive at school, the kids give Rodrigo hugs and thank her for the ride.
“Have a great day!” McNearney says. “It’s all downhill from here.”
The video of Rodrigo surprising Kimmel’s kids quickly went viral, with fans praising her for being so down-to-earth and relatable.
- “This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen,” one fan tweeted.
- “Olivia Rodrigo is the best,” another fan wrote. “She’s so cool and down-to-earth.”
Kimmel also thanked Rodrigo for surprising his kids, saying it was “the best morning commute ever.”
- “Thank you for getting up early and giving my kids a real thrill,” he said. “They listen to your music every morning during the car ride to school.”
Rodrigo responded, “It was so much fun. I hope they had a good time.”