What Is Vertex AI?
On June 07, 2023, Google launched its new AI, Vertex AI, which is a managed machine learning (ML) platform that helps businesses to build, scale, and deploy ML Models easily and quickly. This AI provides you with multiple tools for every stage of the ML lifecycle with also the unified experience for data scientists ML engineers, and IT professionals.
Vertex AI’s Range Of Features
Vertex AI includes a Wide Range Of Features, which include
- AutoML: AutoML is a feature of Vertex AI that provides an environment that is fully automated which helps the user to build ML models without writing any code. This feature is very helpful to perform a variety of tasks, like natural language processing, fraud detection, and image classification.
- Custom training: Vertex AI also provides you complete control over the Machine Learning process with its support of custom training. Through this feature, you can use your own training data, choose your own ML framework, and tune hyperparameters to get the best performance from your models.
- Model serving: Through this feature of Vertex AI, you can deploy your ML model to it for production use after you have trained your model. Even it provides a vast list of deployment options, including online inference, batch inference, and streaming inference.
- Model Monitoring: Vertex AI also provides you with tools for monitoring the performance of your deployed models. Accuracy, latency, and cost are the metrics that you can track and even receive alerts with the help of it.
Vertex AI is a very powerful tool that helps businesses, whichever kind they are, to build and deploy ML models faster and more easily. If you are looking to adopt ML for your business, Vertex AI is a good choice.
AutoML is a feature of Vertex AI that provides an environment that is fully automated which helps the user to build ML models without writing any code. This feature is very helpful to perform a variety of tasks, like natural language processing, fraud detection, and image classification.
Benefits Of Using Vertex AI
- Speed: The speed which is provided by Vertex AI helps businesses to build and deploy ML models faster than ever before. With its feature of AutoML, businesses can build ML models without writing a single code. Using their own training data, their own ML framework, and tuning hyperparameters businesses can get the best performance from their models with the help of the custom training feature of Vertex AI.
- Ease of use: Vertex Ai is really very easy to use for data scientists, ML engineers, and IT professionals. You can get each and every tool you want to get for your ML lifecycle with a unified experience for all users.
- Scalability: Vertex AI may be expanded to accommodate the demands of organizations of all sizes. Models can be trained and deployed by businesses on a range of hardware, such as CPUs, GPUs, and TPUs.
- Cost-efficiency: Vertex AI is affordable for companies of all sizes. Only the resources used by the business are charged for.
How You Can Use Vertex AI
- Image Classification: Vertex AI can be used to create models that can categorize photos, such as identifying items in a picture or differentiating between several flower species. This can be used for a number of things, including the identification of products, the detection of fraud, and medical diagnosis.
- Natural Language Processing: Vertex AI can be used to create models that can comprehend natural language, such as when extracting keywords from documents or translating sentences across different languages. Customer support, marketing, and search are just a few applications for this.
- Fraud detection: Vertex AI can be used to create models that can spot fraud, such as seeing phony insurance claims or fraudulent credit card transactions. This can assist firms in preventing financial losses.
- Medical Diagnosis: Vertex AI can be used to create models that can assist physicians in the detection of diseases, such as spotting cancers in imaging studies or estimating the likelihood of developing heart disease. This could enhance patient care and even save lives.
Vertex AI is a potent tool that may assist companies of all sizes in developing and implementing ML models that can address real-world issues. It is a wonderful option for companies wishing to use ML and seeking a user-friendly, scalable, and affordable platform.
Additional Resources You May Need
- Documentation for Vertex AI: This documentation offers comprehensive instructions for using Vertex AI.
- Blog for Vertex AI: This blog offers information on Vertex AI.
- Vertex AI community: This community offers a space for discussion among Vertex AI users.
Vertex AI Pricing
The following criteria are used to determine Vertex AI pricing:
- Compute: The quantity of computing power used for model training and deployment.
- Storage: Data, models, and artifacts are all stored in a certain quantity of storage, called storage.
- Networking: The volume of data and model transfers over a network.
- Predictions: The number of predictions that models have made.
To suit your needs, Vertex AI provides a range of pricing alternatives, including:
- On-demand: You only pay for the resources you really use.
- Preemptible: Get up to 80% off the price of the on-demand resource.
- Discounts for committed use: For continued use of resources, save up to 57% off the on-demand price.
The Vertex AI pricing calculator can be used to estimate your costs.
Here are some pricing samples for Vertex AI
- Training a model: Model training costs $0.25 per hour for a 10-node cluster with 4 vCPUs and 16 GB of RAM per node. The entire cost, if the training work lasts 10 hours, is $25.
- Model deployment costs $0.001 per hour for a 10-GB model deployed to a Vertex AI endpoint. The entire cost of deploying the model for ten hours is ten cents.
- Making predictions: A model costs $0.0001 for each prediction and can provide 10,000 predictions per hour. The model will cost $1 if it makes 10,000 predictions.
You can budget for your machine learning workloads thanks to Vertex AI’s pricing, which is transparent and predictable.
Visit the Vertex AI pricing page for more information.