The 37th edition of WWE Survivor Series, which took place on November 26, 2023, at Chicago’s United Center, was an electrifying night that wrestling fans won’t soon forget. It featured two intense WarGames matches, the return of a revered Women’s World Champion, and a lineup of thrilling showdowns.
Women's WarGames: Bianca Belair's Team Triumphs: Survivor Series 1st Match
The Women’s WarGames match kicked off the event, showcasing Damage CTRL (Bayley, Asuka, Iyo Sky, and Kairi Sane) against Bianca Belair, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, and Shotzi. It was a hard-hitting contest where both teams displayed incredible athleticism and determination. Though Damage CTRL initially took the lead, Bianca Belair’s team fought back fiercely. Belair herself stood out, unleashing powerful moves and ultimately securing victory by pinning Iyo Sky.
- The match began with Bayley and Bianca Belair entering the steel cage. The two engaged in a back-and-forth brawl, with Belair eventually gaining the upper hand.
- Asuka entered the cage next, followed by Iyo Sky. The two heels quickly teamed up on Belair, but she was able to fight back with her signature strength and power moves.
- Kairi Sane entered the cage next, and the heels once again controlled the match. However, Charlotte Flair’s entrance turned the tide in favor of the faces.
- Flair and Belair worked together to take down the heels, and Lynch’s entrance further solidified their dominance.
- Shotzi entered the cage last, and the faces quickly overwhelmed the heels. Belair pinned Iyo Sky to secure the win for her team.
Santos Escobar Defeats Dragon Lee: Survivor Series 2023 2nd Match
Following this, Santos Escobar clashed with Dragon Lee in a high-flying singles match, showcasing an array of impressive maneuvers. Escobar emerged triumphant, solidifying his position as a top cruiserweight in WWE.
- The match began with both men exchanging quick strikes and grappling maneuvers.
- Escobar took control of the match with a series of aerial attacks, but Lee was able to fight back with his own high-flying offense.
- The match went back and forth, with both men showcasing their athleticism and resilience.
- In the end, Escobar emerged victorious after hitting his signature finisher, the Phoenix Splash.
Gunther Retains Intercontinental Title - Survivor Series 2023 3rd Match
The WWE Intercontinental Championship match featured Gunther defending his title against The Miz. The bout was a display of raw power and technical skill, culminating in Gunther retaining his championship and further establishing himself as the Intercontinental Champion.
- The match began with both men locking up in a test of strength.
- Gunther quickly took control of the match with his powerful chops and suplexes.
- The Miz was able to fight back with his own technical skills, but Gunther was too powerful for him to overcome.
- In the end, Gunther retained his title with his signature finisher, the Last Symphony.
Rhea Ripley Retains Women's World Title: Survivor Series 2023 4th Match
In the Women’s World Championship match, Rhea Ripley defended her title against Zoey Stark in a hard-hitting encounter that highlighted their athleticism and determination. Ripley emerged victorious, maintaining her dominance as one of WWE’s top female talents.
- The match began with both women exchanging quick strikes and grappling maneuvers.
- Ripley took control of the match with her powerful strikes and submissions.
- Stark was able to fight back with her own high-flying offense, but Ripley was too dominant for her to overcome.
- In the end, Ripley retained her title with her signature finisher, the Riptide.
Men's WarGames: Cody Rhodes' Team Emerges Triumphant Survivor Series 5th Match
The night culminated in the Men’s WarGames match, with The Bloodline (Roman Reigns, The Usos, and Solo Sikoa) facing off against Cody Rhodes, Seth Rollins, Jey Uso, Sami Zayn, and Randy Orton. The match was a chaotic brawl, with both sides battling fiercely throughout the arena. Despite The Bloodline’s initial advantage, Cody Rhodes’ team fought back, and Rhodes secured the win by pinning Roman Reigns.
- The match began with Jey Uso and Sami Zayn entering the steel cage. The two faces were quickly outnumbered by The Bloodline, but they were able to hold their own.
- Seth Rollins and Cody Rhodes entered the cage next, and the faces were able to gain the upper hand.
- Roman Reigns entered the cage last, and the heels quickly took control of the match.
- However, Rhodes and his team were able to fight back, and the match eventually became a brawl involving all nine participants.
- In the end, Rhodes emerged victorious after pinning Roman Reigns with his signature finisher, the Cross Rhodes.