Can I Reset My Tesla Screen While Driving
Yes, you can reset your Tesla screen while driving, but it is not recommended. Tesla recommends that you only reset your screen when the vehicle is stopped and in a park. This is because resetting the screen will temporarily disable some features, such as the backup camera and safety warnings.
To reset your Tesla screen while driving:
- Hold down both scroll buttons on the steering wheel until the touchscreen turns black.
- After a few seconds, the Tesla logo will appear.
- Wait approximately 30 seconds for the touchscreen to restart.
Here is a blog post about the pros and cons of resetting your Tesla screen while driving:
- We can only fix minor software glitches only.
- It can improve the performance of the touchscreen.
- This can resolve issues with the backup camera or safety warnings.
- It can be distracting and dangerous to reset the screen while driving.
- It will temporarily disable certain features, such as the backup camera and safety warnings.
- This may not fix all software glitches or performance issues.
If you are experiencing problems with the screen, pull it over to a safe location and reset it while the vehicle is in the park.
Here are some additional safety tips for resetting your Tesla screen:
- Make sure you are in a safe location before resetting the screen.
- Be aware of your surroundings and traffic conditions.
- Do not reset the screen if you are driving in bad weather or on a busy road.
- If you are unsure about how to reset the screen, consult Tesla owner’s manual.