Chattanooga Christmas Train Dinner
The Christmas Dinner Train on the Tennessee Valley Railroad is a well-liked Chattanooga holiday attraction. As the train leaves Grand Junction Station, passengers have a delectable four-course dinner as it passes through the picturesque Tennessee Valley. Christmas decorations adorn the train, and Santa Claus frequently stops by.
The Christmas Train Dinner leaves Chattanooga’s Grand Junction Station of TVRM and travels at a leisurely pace through the city’s charming homes and streets. Visitors may take in the sparkling lights that decorate the metropolis as the train glides by, creating a mystical atmosphere that wonderfully embodies the spirit of the season.
Chattanooga's Two Christmas Train Dinners
- Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum: This train ride departs from Grand Junction Station and travels through urban East Chattanooga before returning to the station. The meal is a four-course meal served on board a restored dining car. The train ride is about 2 hours long.
- North Pole Limited: This train ride is also offered by the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum. It is a shorter train ride, about 1 hour long, and does not include a meal. However, passengers are welcome to bring their own food and drinks on board.
- Dates: The Christmas Dinner Train operates select Fridays and Saturdays in November and December.
- Times: Trains depart from Grand Junction Station in Chattanooga, Tennessee at 7:00 PM.
- Duration: The entire experience lasts approximately two hours.
- Cost: Tickets start at $90 per person, including tax and gratuity.
- Reservations: Advance reservations are highly recommended as tickets tend to sell out quickly.
What’s So Special about Chattanooga Christmas Train Dinner?
There are several things that make the Chattanooga Christmas Train Dinner a special experience:
- The unique setting: The train ride takes place on a restored dining car, which gives passengers a chance to experience the elegance of rail travel from a bygone era.
- The festive atmosphere: The train is decorated for the holidays, and there is often live music on board. This creates a magical and memorable experience for passengers.
- The delicious food: The meal is a four-course meal, and the menu changes seasonally. The food is prepared by experienced chefs and is sure to please even the most discerning palate.
- The opportunity to relax and unwind: The train ride is a leisurely way to enjoy the holidays. Passengers can sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenery while they are wined and dined.
- The chance to make memories that will last a lifetime: The Chattanooga Christmas Train Dinner is a unique and special experience that is sure to be remembered for years to come.
Here are some additional reasons why the Chattanooga Christmas Train Dinner is a great choice for a holiday outing:
- It is a family-friendly event.
- It is a great way to celebrate a special occasion.
- It is a popular event, so it is important to book your tickets in advance.
Unique Packages of Chattanooga Christmas Train Dinner
TVRM provides a number of unique packages that include private meetings with Santa Claus for individuals looking for an even more unforgettable Christmas experience. With these packages, you may get personalized greetings, get pictures snapped with Santa, and even take part in DIY Christmas-themed activities.
When does the Chattanooga Christmas Train operate?
The Chattanooga Christmas Train typically operates during the weekends of November and December. Specific dates and times vary from year to year, so it is advisable to check the official schedule closer to the holiday season.
Where does the Chattanooga Christmas Train depart from?
The Chattanooga Christmas Train departs from Grand Junction Station, located at 4501 Thuringer Court, Chattanooga, TN 37416.
How long is the Chattanooga Christmas Train ride?
The Chattanooga Christmas Train ride is approximately two hours long.